Our Liver Function test measures biomarkers associated with the health of your liver including protein levels in your blood and key enzymes that are produced by your liver.
The liver performs essential functions like filtering our blood, processing and storing nutrients and vitamins, and metabolising drugs and toxic substances to render them harmless. These liver function biomarkers can highlight normal or abnormal liver function. Results can be used to set a baseline for your liver health and adjust lifestyle habits to improve.
You should take the test if you suspect you may be at risk of or have symptoms related to liver disease. Symptoms can include darker urine, lighter coloured stool, nausea, jaundice, abdominal swelling or pain. Risk factors for liver disease include exposure to hepatitis viruses, excessive alcohol or drugs consumption, or a family history of the condition.
Our at home liver function test helps you monitor the health and performance of your liver through a simple finger-prick collection, with online results in 2 to 4 days.
What is measured in this test?
- Total Protein
- Gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT)
- Alanine aminotransferase (ALT)
- Alkaline phosphatase (ALP)
- A finger prick kit and vials for blood collection
- A clear set of instructions
- A pre-paid, self-adhesive shipping label
- Results from an accredited lab within 3 days of receipt
- Access to your own online dashboard to view your detailed results
To purchase this test, please click here.